Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 1 Yoga November

Monday: I havent started as fresh as I'd like to have... In my enthusiasm I decided to start early and with gusto. Too many inverted postures (Shoulderstand, Wheel, Downward Dog) left me with blood shot eyes and a dizzy feeling for the rest of the day. Still feeling flakey so yoga today is about restoration. I even copped a bruised, cut elbow and donk to the head. I'll be fine tomorow.

It only just occured to me (through a client, the best way to learn!) that I'm already detoxing. The foggy, cold feeling and bad sleep, vivid dreams etc are all signs of detox. The dreams could be part of the Halloween energy that just happened. Interesting start.

Tuesday: Feeling MUCH better though my yoga form wasn't so perfect. I started judging myself but accepted it as it was. My body has a long way to go! I looked at it and thought, so much potential! Why didn't I do this sooner?
Finished off with the 5 Tibetan Rites. These are 5 ancient Tibetan yoga exercises for anti aging and rejuvenation. You can download a free ebook via the link. I got onto these a couple years ago and I really like them. They are simple and effective and I use them daily. The story behind it is interesting.

Wednesday: Feeling even better today! I'm sore in all the right areas and yoga practice showed some progress. I noticed there is inbalance between the right and left sides of the body, this is normal but it's something I'd like to pay more attention to correcting. My left side needs more work and my core does too.
On a different level I'm noticing various thoughts, trying to deter me from my commitment.

Thursday: Starting to feel a lull again, the natural mid to late week lull. Yoga was very good again this morning, I notice I am better after a walk, first thing. It seems to flow better. A walk then yoga and then I start my day. All Ok though, feeling good about my yoga goal.

Friday: Always love Fridays! Today is no exception. My Tibetan Rites, a walk and my yoga practice, which again was succesful except I'm really noticing my left side. Also, I'm developing awareness of "stuff" that comes up (thoughts, images, feelings) during a posture, which normally I wouldn't notice. I think it's encourgaing more consistent awareness, so I'm now conscious of allowing myself to acknowledge this "stuff". Sometimes I listen and breathe through it and sometimes it's more stubborn. It fascinates me.

Saturday: The morning is better for standing postures and balancing and the evening is best for flexibility and meditation. This morning I was tired and I went to bed early, had good sleep but I felt I needed more. My body is "good" sore and no doubt healing.  Something else I'm noticing that daily yoga helps is regulate my sleep cycle. I have always been a light sleeper and I'm consistently restless before bed. My mind is quite active and prevents me from settling down. I've only had one restless night this week! Let's hope this continues. Besides that I was doing some reading on my comp and came across this girl's story . It's very sad, be grateful for everything you have, fate can be cruel sometimes.

Sunday: Meditation and yoga was again very good, I'm seeing natural progression. Wondering how I'll react to a plateau? I have a house visit for acupuncture treatment today. Had a couple pictures taken for curiosity's sake and I am critisizing myself! Not as much over fom etc but how I look! The dreaded comparison. I should be this way and look that way etc etc. Now I MUST post them if only to change my own perception and quiet the critical inner voice...



Ustrasana- Camel Pose 


Urdhva Dhanurasana- Upward Bow

 

Natarajasana- Dancer's Pose
 




Virabhadrasana I- Warrior Pose I (with back bend)

   
 Well that's week 1 done! Looking forward to week 2....
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment