Sunday, November 7, 2010

My jeans have no power over me!


Random thought for the day....

A pair of jeans is the best and worst thing in our wardrobe. They have the ability to make us feel amazing and have total body confidence yet if they're too tight... panic! I hear about my sister go on about her "skinny" jeans, fitting into them or not. I've seen her mood change in seconds because of those threads...

A pair of jeans can make or break your day. Instead of burning bras, we should be burning our jeans! If women knew then that liberating themselves and activating feminism that generations of women since then would have a love- hate relationship with the pants they fought so hard to wear. Maybe they would have rethought that; if they knew low- rise, skinny and super skinny jeans were going to become fashionable and literally challenge the self esteem of their daughters, and their daughters daughters.

Ok, I'm being dramatic but my point is, jeans are an deceptive fashion item and not to give them any more attention than any iten of clothing. I don't get miffed if my jeans are too tight, I get to work. I lose the sneaky food habits (we all know what they are) and take on more movement and more "me" time.

Sneaky food habits to avoid
* Eating at night or too much for dinner
* Dairy, red meat and pasta
* Overly cooked food
* Anything processed, flavours, colours, additives or preservatives added
* Alcohol

Daily movement
* Must be consistent, a small amount every day is more affective than longer bouts less often
* Strength training with a trainer
* Yoga, pilates or core work
* Daily walking, hiking, swimming
* Zumba if you fancy it
* Gym
* Take the stairs

Me time
* Sleep more
* Less social activity
* Meditate
* Make time to think or journal, get creative
* Massage, spa treatments, acupuncture or other body work

Food habits to embrace
* Organic food
* Daily serving of leafy greens
* Fresh juices and green smoothies
* Simpler meals and food combinations
* Water
* Whole grains
* Green tea and other herbals
* Fermented foods

Affirmation: My jeans have no power over me!

Love
Ulyana...

No comments:

Post a Comment