Friday, March 11, 2011

Raw Dessert Demo success

Heather and I stayed at a cute little cottage up at Hahndorf, in the Adelaide Hills. I wanted to show her the pretty things Adelaide had to offer. We checked out the beaches, the hills, the organic hang-outs, Haigh's chocolates, and the Central Markets. The weather was nice and we managed to enjoy laying on the grass even though we had so much to do. Time just whizzed past so quickly...


We spent much of our time talking, talking, talking, then in the kitchen and a mix of both. The class preparation is far more time consuming than anyone realises. Getting all the ingredients, measurements, equiptment and making sure we have it all ready to go on the day.





I was her assistent chef for the day and I actually found it such so valuable for my skill set. I have no excuses not to make future creations! As I'm typing I'm recovering from the gorgeous raw chocolate clusters she left Heather left me with. We promised ourselves she couldn't leave without a chocolate kitchen adventure. The reason I say "recovering" is because raw cacao is strong and needs to be eaten in moderation. It is true, too much of a good thing ; )

The demonstration went something like this; sweet chia seed parfaits, superfood milkshake, apple and peach crumble with banana ice cream and chocolate sauce, mandarin and orange cheesecake (my personal favourite), oat choc chip cookies (another favourite), brownies, strawberry and lime cheesecake (Heather's favourite) and chocolate and blueberry mousse pie. Her tips and tricks were practical and interesting. By the end we all had a piece of everything, perhaps too much of a good thing but no doubt yummy!

All in all we had a great time, she vows to come here again (if not relocate ; ) and I will definately visit her in Canada....


Awwww MISS you Heather!

Love
Ulyana...

3 comments:

  1. wow, looks like you had a great time in the kitchen.... : )
    All looks & sounds sooooo Yummy ... thank you for sharing Ulyana !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO much fun, I'll have other pics to show plus more yummy inspirations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I get from here is really informative by me as from it I get nice motivations in this way want to appreciate you on your efforts,to know more about cards and else related to it,in this way want to appreciate you on your All occasion greeting cards skills,so must get it.

    ReplyDelete